Member Volunteers are the Lifeblood of the KBA
The Knoxville Bar Association, a non-profit organization of nearly 1,900 lawyers and law students from the East Tennessee area, is the third largest bar association in the state and certainly one of the most active.
Members of the Knoxville Bar Association are committed to improve the legal profession and the community through programs to educate, communicate and serve. The Association's purpose is and has always been to maintain high standards in the legal profession and provide legal education for Knoxville attorneys. Today, the Association continues to support those basic principles, and has expanded to include public service which provides better access to legal services for all citizens in the Knoxville community.
The mission of the Knoxville Bar Association is to:
- serve as a leader in advancing excellence, ethical conduct, professionalism and public responsibility in the legal profession;
- improve the efficiency, fairness and accessibility of our system of justice for all citizens;
- take an active interest and responsibility in the affairs of government;
- increase the public’s understanding of the legal system, the legal profession, and its role in the system;
- use the Bar’s collective resources to improve the well-being of the community and its citizens, especially the youth; and
- to identify and support the needs of a diverse membership and foster an environment in which members experience a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction in the practice of law.
As a professional, it is important for you to meet and work with other lawyers who share your interests, needs and concerns.
Membership in one or more of the Knoxville Bar Association's Sections or Committees offers you the opportunity to meet and work with those lawyers and allows you to build upon your basic bar membership to meet the specific needs of your practice. These groups publish newsletters, sponsor CLE programs, participate in electronic mailing lists and organize other projects that benefit members as well as the public.
When you get involved, you help shape the future of your bar and your profession!
KBA members should make sure to log in first so that you can view the complete list of KBA members who are serving on each Committee or Section.
Volunteer to serve on a KBA Committee or Barristers' Committee, or join a section.
Check out our Membership Stats
Review the Shared Values of the Knoxville Bar Association.